Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome and blah blah blah

For as much as I can talk and talk in real life with little regard to how I am embarrassing myself or others around me (and if you've met me you know that I am gladly willing to do this until physically stopped), attempts at writing down my thoughts on paper or keyboard make me freeze up with severe self-consciousness. This phobia might be partially due to a blog entry being equivalent to a paper trail of stupidity - someone could print this thing out and come wave it in my face as Exhibit A of my ineptness. While in the real world I can always make a self-depreciating joke after one of my boneheaded comments to ease the tension, in a blog my words have to stand on their own and that scares me.

My primary goal for this blog is to force myself to write often enough that I can attempt to overcome this irrational cyber-stage fright through some good ol' fashioned self-indulgent blogging. However, I'll likely ease the weight from my shoulders by sharing links to news articles, editorials, blogs, videos, and adorable animal pictures at every opportunity.

To tide you over, here's a recent picture of a certain one-eyed fatso in his natural state.

No comments:

Post a Comment